Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Joy and Fuck

It’s ironic that I’m drinking my morning latte while adventuring into my morning latte – I guess this blog is, meant to be. Speaking of. I have been, for 100 metaphorical years, working on my mornings. Mornings are by far the most pivotal part of the day (out of context from the rest of the day). I get it, I .GET. IT. People always say, with abnormal trails of certainty in their tone, that “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” – but I will go as far to say that the morning, in “potentia”, is the most important. Now, I say in “potentia”, because if something along the lines of an epiphany happens at a latter point in the day, it will become a very important part in your day – perhaps, even more important than your morning.

Hear me roar though. The morning is what sets that epiphany up. Gives your whole day the good ol’ one, two, one, two. That little dance you do. Give er’ the prime. Prime the pump and the days ready to get wet. Feed that fire, days gunna be hot – much like a solar super storm, if you will. Once again, I digress.

How you wake up, by the whiskers of Osiris, sets your day up for success, or for failure. The choice is yours oh wise one. For example, what are your first words? I used to wake up, grunt, and think in my head or say out loud, “fuuuuck.” How is that remotely setting myself up for a great day? If my first thoughts are… fuck. I learned from a spritely effervescent pixy of a woman, that the morning routine, “is key”. This woman, who is so surprising she must be straight out of a fairy tale, wakes up with music blasting, and literally dances around her house, getting ready with gusto, celebrating her existence and greeting the epiphany in “potentia”.

It’s a beautiful thing. Greeting your morning with joy and fuck. So today, I woke up to flight of the concords, and arisen out of my bed with only hitting the snooze button, one time, not two, or four. Progress, has been made. Yeah.

-Jackson



3 comments:

  1. "one must get out of bed every morning and prepare for the great celebration of one’s own imagination, even if it doesn’t happen that day"

    -Riley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT! its from the letter isnt it!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, it is. It's funny that you thought it was Thoreau though.

      Delete