Sunday, November 18, 2012

Stargate


I am swimming in my own undesirable black Gatorade, breast stroking through the cold stagnant marmalade of my mind. Swimmin’ in it. All up, in, and around it. To awake with my hand already grasping the short straw, is to rise out of bed with my shoes on the wrong feet. I’m probably in limbo, whatever that feels like must be this. Maybe I spent to long in front of that strobe light last night. Or far to long taking leaps of faith into bushes disguised as trees. Lend me some sugar, I am your neighbor. Shake it. 

Latte is a drink. Yes.  However, I’m starting to think its more like a Stargate, like the movie. Yes, the movie. A magical porthole into a world much much-ier. I’ve realized over the past months that mornings are key, which I’ve talked about before – but something has changed. Now the title of this blog has gained more gravity in my mind (of current marmalade).  You see, the mornings are a most confusing time. There are, what is commonly referred to as, “morning people.” And then there are the rest of us, ranging somewhere in between. No matter where you place yourself on the wide spectrum line, you can relate to the latte. The Stargate, awaiting your arrival, anticipating a path to project upon your astral self.

We’re all searching for that latte in our lives. Wandering aimlessly till we can taste its sweet nectar. Once we finish every last cherished drop, president Obama himself could not stop any soul keen on re-discovering that memorable sensation – and it is an adventure! No monotonous mind-numbing journeys into a latte exist, that is, most certainly, not how it works. It is your choice whether you would like to make an adventure out of limbo, or just android your way through a dismal chapter. 

Adventure into that sublime Stargate. It is a gateway to a better life. Take interest in how you get to your latte, how you suckle on it, how your nose interacts with its entrancing fragrances, and how you adventure through your life. We don't have to be in the movie cliff hanger to adventure, or Tom Cruise mission impossibling out. Adventure is a state of mind, not necessarily a state of action, even though i like to involve action in my adventure. This morning however, was not an action adventure, it was an exploration of limbo-tic undertones. 

I awoke in zombieland this morning, had a most interesting adventure to a coffee shop, ordered my latte, and now the world is much much-ier. I am now officially participating in my life. 

-Jackson

PS. I really really hope you realized this was all a metaphor. Otherwise you must think I am slowly slipping into senility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment